Sunday, November 15, 2009

Arriving in Shanghai


Wow, I arrived at the Pudong airport in Shanghai, China on August 4th, 2009. The weather was hot and heavy, I would say suffocatingly heavy at 100% humid and about 95 degrees humidity. You can see the wetness of the air in Brent's picture out by our cottage at Sun Island. The airport was amazingly clean, but that was all that was clean as we drove and hour and 1/2 to Sun Island Resort in the Min Hang District of Shanghai. I had no concept of where we were, and the language sounded crazy. My first day in China consisted of opening the door to my little studio cottage at the resort (more like upscale cabins at a retreat), checking the place thoroughly for roaches, spiders, and any other creepy crawlys, turning on the air con, and sleeping for the next 15 hours.

No comments: