Sunday, November 15, 2009

New City Old Ideas . . .


Check out the latest in Chinese thought. . . I wanted the chair in the middle. Yes, one small, Chinese man of about 90 lbs. was wheeling this cart around the huge neighborhood I live in of Xujiahui (shoe-jaw-weigh) in Shanghai, China. My favorite is the garbage truck. I mean, garbage cart. It is a cart like this one, but one small person (always small-the fat, tall, capable ones don't ride bikes or do labor) is pulling this huge cart overflowing with garbage. Don't ask me where they dump it! I don't want to know! They will do #1 and #2 in the street, so I don't want to know where the garbage has been going. Probably the water system (Ps. You might want to avoid the water system here forever).

China has to be the only place where you can still buy puff pants, new versions of all 1980s clothes, and pay more for your internet than a full time maid (called an Ayi). You can also pay more in China for the Chinese made products you buy in the states. Hmmmmm . . .

No comments: